myfuture website © Education Services Australia Ltd 2019, unless indicated otherwise.
Use of the myfuture website (myfuture) is subject to the Conditions of Use set out below. Please read and ensure you understand these Conditions of Use prior to using myfuture. If you proceed to use myfuture, your use will be taken as acceptance of these Conditions of Use.
Education Services Australia Limited (ESA) may amend these Conditions of Use from time to time. You are responsible for regularly reviewing them. Your continued use of myfuture constitutes your agreement to the current version of the Conditions of Use.
These Conditions of Use were last updated on 18 October 2017.
(a) provides general information about career options;
(b) is a guide only;
(c) does not make any recommendations or provide advice in relation to career options.
Before making any decisions about your career
, you should contact relevant educational institutions or professional or trade organisations for specific information relating to your career options/choices.
- myfuture comprises:
(a) trade marks owned by third parties (Trade Marks) and licensed to ESA;
(b) material excluding the Trade Marks (Material) which is subject to copyright and other intellectual property rights (Intellectual Property Rights) which is owned by ESA (ESA Material) or licensed to ESA (Third Party Material); and
(c) visual interfaces, graphics, design, computer code (including source code or object code), software and other elements of myfuture excluding the Trade Marks and Material.
- You may:
(a) view the Trade Marks;
(b) view and print the ESA Material only for personal non-commercial educational purposes, provided all acknowledgements are retained;
(c) use Third Party Material only in accordance with the licence terms described in the Acknowledgements, provided you retain and copy in full all copyright notices on the original Third Party Material (if any); and
(d) only use the visual interfaces, graphics, design, computer code (including source code or object code), software and other elements of myfuture excluding the Trade Marks and Material within the intended functionality provided by myfuture.
- You must not infringe the Intellectual Property Rights of ESA or its licensors, that is, you must not do anything that is not permitted under either these Conditions of Use or the licence terms described in the Acknowledgements. For example you may not reproduce, adapt, upload to a third party website, link to, frame, perform in public, distribute or transmit in any form by any process any of the Material.
- Where you use the Material in accordance with these Conditions of Use, you do not need to comply with the requirements of any statutory licence (for example, pay royalties to a copyright collecting society such as the Copyright Agency) for that Material.
- Nothing you do on or in relation to myfuture will transfer any Intellectual Property Rights to you or license you to exercise any Intellectual Property Rights other than in accordance with these Conditions of Use.
- In using myfuture you may provide to ESA information which is capable of identifying you (Personal Information). The
- To assist in your use of myfuture, you may ask a person you know and trust (for example a career guidance counsellor from your school, a teacher, a parent or a friend) to be your mentor. If you give your mentor your username and password, this will enable your mentor to access the information you provide to myfuture, but ESA cannot control how your mentor uses your information. ESA does not accept any responsibility for unauthorised use of your information by your mentor, and excludes liability for all losses, costs, damages and expenses incurred or suffered by you arising from or in relation to your participation in a mentoring program.
- ESA presents the Material in good faith and has endeavoured to ensure that all Material is accurate and does not breach any entity's rights at the time of its inclusion. However, use of myfuture is at your own risk and the Material is provided ‘as is’. To the extent lawful, ESA does not make any, and excludes all express or implied, warranties, representations, statements, terms and conditions relating to your use of myfuture or any information or content available on or from myfuture.
- Nothing in these Conditions of Use excludes, restricts or modifies any guarantee, right or remedy implied or imposed by any statute or regulation which cannot lawfully be excluded, restricted or modified, which may include statutory consumer guarantees implied by statute which operate to protect the purchasers of goods and services in various circumstances.
- If any guarantee is implied by statute and cannot be excluded, and ESA is able to limit your remedy for a breach of such a guarantee, then the liability of ESA for breach of the condition or warranty is limited to one or more of the following at ESA's option:
(a) in the case of goods, the replacement of the goods or the supply of equivalent goods, the repair of the goods, the payment of the cost of replacing the goods or of acquiring equivalent goods, or the payment of the cost of having the goods repaired; or
(b) in the case of services, the supplying of the services again, or the payment of the cost of having the services supplied again.
- Subject to ESA's obligations under the implied guarantees referred above, ESA excludes liability for all losses, costs, damages and expenses incurred or suffered by you under or relating to these Conditions of Use or their subject matter, whether in contract, tort (including without limitation negligence), in equity, under statute, under an indemnity or on any other basis.
- You acknowledge that ESA may, in its absolute discretion and without penalty or notice:
(a) vary myfuture or any part of myfuture; and
(b) modify or discontinue myfuture, any part of myfuture and the services available on it.
- ESA may not have reviewed any URL linked to or from any part of myfuture which does not form part of myfuture (Non-ESA Sites). ESA is not responsible for any content found on a Non-ESA Site, or any site of which it forms a part. You must determine whether any page is part of myfuture each time you follow a link to that page. For example, it is your responsibility to check that a person or organisation linked to myfuture is authorised to provide a course of study to overseas students. You can check this by referring to the Commonwealth Register of Institutions and Courses for Overseas Students (available on the website
- ESA reserves the right to revise these Conditions of Use at any time. You accept all such revisions by accessing any part of myfuture or continuing to access it after that revision is posted on myfuture.
- myfuture and any right or obligation under these Conditions of Use is governed by the laws in force in the State of Victoria, Australia, (other than the conflict of laws rules) and the parties submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the State of Victoria, Australia, in respect of any action that arises under these Conditions of Use.
- The views expressed within myfuture do not necessarily represent the views of ESA.
- If any material provided by you (including your email address) is deemed unsuitable by ESA, whether because of a failure to comply with these Conditions of Use or because ESA considers it inappropriate or offensive, ESA may remove the material from its databases without notice.
Material owned by the following third parties is in the public domain and may be used freely.
- O*Net OnLine, US Department of Labor, Employment and Training Administration
- Pixabay (uncredited images throughout myfuture)
- Picjumbo (uncredited image of workspace desk from above)
CC BY 4.0
Material owned by the following third parties may be used in accordance with the Creative Commons 4.0 Attribution International (CC BY 4.0) licence.
- Australian Curriculum, Assessment and Reporting Authority (Australian Curriculum Framework)
- Brotherhood of St Laurence
- Chartered Accountants (Australia and New Zealand)
- Commonwealth of Australia through Australian Government Department of Education and Training (HEIMS data)
- Edith Cowan University
- The University of Notre Dame
- The University of Sydney
- The University of Western Australia
- University of Southern Queensland
- Commonwealth of Australia through the Department of Prime Minister and Cabinet (Krystal Hurst case study)
- WorldSkills Australia (Videos)
- South Western and Western Sydney National Disability Coordination Officer Program
- Australian Government Department of Education and Training (image of Tahnee Jamieson; image of Joyce McLaughlin)
- Primary Industries Education Foundation Australia
- State of Victoria (text)
CC BY-NC 4.0
Material owned by the following third parties may be used in accordance with the Creative Commons 4.0 Attribution-NonCommercial (CC BY-NC 4.0) licence.
- Australian Apprenticeships Ambassadors Program (excluding logo)
- Grant Nowell
- Qantas Airways Limited (excluding company logo)
- The Conversation (text)
CC BY 3.0 AU
Material owned by the following third parties may be used in accordance with the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia (CC BY 3.0 AU) licence.
- Commonwealth of Australia through Australian Trade Commission [Austrade] (text on Darren Rowse and Jason Dundas)
- Commonwealth of Australia through Australian Government Department of Education and Training (myskills data)
- La Trobe University (articles)
- Fair Work Ombudsman (text)
CC BY NC-ND 2.0
Material owned by the following third parties may be used in accordance with the
Creative Commons Attribution-Non-Commercial-NoDerives 2.0 Generic (CC BY-NC-ND 2.0)
- Commonwealth of Australia through Australian Trade Commission [Austrade] (image of Darren Rowse)
CC BY 2.5 AU
Material owned by the following third parties may be used in accordance with the Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 Australia (CC BY 2.5 AU) licence.
- Australian Bureau of Statistics
Non-commercial educational use with no time limit
Material owned by the following third parties may be used for non-commercial educational purposes without time limit.
- Australian Broadcasting Corporation
- Australian Industry Group
- Australian Network on Disability
- Australia's Science Channel (videos)
- Bobbi Ballas
- Bond University (Career insight article)
- Catherine Yeomans
- Commonwealth of Australia through Australian Government Department of Education and Training (Australian Apprenticeships case studies)
- Christina Soong-Kroeger (text)
- Department of Industry, Innovation and Science
- Derek Swarts
- Dylan Alexander, Orygen Youth Health
- Gina Chinnery
- Janine McIntosh
- Jo Messer
- Julia Doeven
- Hugh Nichols
- Kendal Drew
- Rebecca Fraser
- Duke of Edinburgh Award
- Endeavour College
- Megan Garratt
- Meg Wolk
- Moya O'Shea
- Catherine Hughes, Grow Careers
- Juliet Honey
- Georgina Atkinson
- Gillian Kelly
- Girl Geek Academy
- Pamela Ledley
- Erin Watson-Lynn
- Karen Penrose
- Lisa Happell, Career4Connect
- Janene Piip
- Jane Pingo
- Lina Caneva, Pro Bono Australia
- Caroline Schmidt
- Taronga Zoo
- Ann Villiers
- Vera Reed
- University of Tasmania
- Kangan Institute (Case studies)
- Helen Green
- Johnathan Maltby
- Charlotte Inwood
- University of Southern Queensland (Case studies)
- National Centre for Student Equity in Higher Education, Curtin University
- Stacey King
- JMC Academy (Case study)
- Engineers Australia
- Arosha Weerakoon
- National Centre for Vocational Education Research (NCVER) (articles)
- Royal Australian Chemical Institute
Non-commercial educational use until December 2028
Material owned by the following third parties may be used for non-commercial educational purposes until 31 December 2028.
- Australian Glass & Glazing Association [AGGA]
- Qi Yang Photography
- University of Canberra
- Michael McCagh
- WA Department of Training and Workforce Development
Non-commercial educational use until June 2028
Material owned by the following third parties may be used for non-commercial educational purposes until 30 June 2028.
- Curtin University (Videos)
- STELR (Videos)
Terms and Conditions for bulk subscriptions (WA)
A subscription to the myfuture exploration platform (myfuture) provides your institution’s students and/or teachers and/or staff with a non-transferable, non-commercial licence for unlimited use of myfuture until the end of December 2019.
A subscription begins on the first day of the month if an application is received within the first 15 days of a month. If an application is received after the 15th day of a month then the subscription begins on the first day of the following month.
Education Services Australia Ltd (ESA) reserves the right to reject a subscription application at any time.
Two months before an institution’s subscription expires, ESA will send an invoice for renewal of your institution’s subscription to the specified primary contact. This renewal will be for the full calendar year of 2020.
An institution may cancel its subscription, but unless required by law, subscription fees will not be refunded. An institution will not be eligible for a refund or credit if it is unable to access myfuture for reasons not related to acts or omissions of ESA.
ESA reserves the right to:
- change the subscription prices at any time. Changes in pricing will apply upon renewal of an institution’s subscription;
- add to, remove from, or upgrade features, functions and any other parts of myfuture without notice; and
- perform routine system maintenance on myfuture. ESA will perform routine system maintenance outside the hours of 9-5 pm weekdays AEST and will provide notice on myfuture regarding future maintenance unless prevented from doing so by factors beyond its reasonable control.
Your institution agrees that any errors made in entering contact information and institution details are the responsibility of the institution and ESA is not liable for any consequences that may arise as a result of such errors or incorrect information. To the extent permitted by law, ESA is not liable to your institution, its students or teachers for any loss or damage incurred by your institution, its students or teachers, whether direct, indirect, consequential, special or any other loss or damage. Where liability cannot be limited under law, ESA’s maximum liability to your institution, its students and teachers is the value of the subscription paid within the previous calendar year.
Your institution’s subscriptions will be governed by Victorian law and the courts of Victoria, Australia will have exclusive jurisdiction to determine any matters that may arise in relation to a not-for-profit organisation subscription.
ESA reserves the right to modify these terms and conditions of subscription. ESA will post updates to the terms and conditions of subscription on myfuture and it is the responsibility of your institution to regularly review them to remain aware of any updates.